Table of Contents
- How to clean salt infested spokes after the winter?
- Difference between Campag Kamsins and Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset other than price?
- Anodised spokes and colored spokes.
- Looking for advice on upgrading the wheels on my 2012 Iroko 2.
- Carbon wheels... They look good but do I really need to upgrade my wheel?
Q. I have on several occasions heard people and my fellow mechanics espousing that “anodised spokes” are weaker. Even ignoring the fact that anodisation improves corrosion and abrasion resistance, spokes are made of steel which can’t be anodised so where does the story that steel that has been painted or coloured is weaker come from? You see many pro riders with coloured spokes and their sponsors surely wouldn’t give them weaker gear.
A. “Anodised” spokes is an old marketing term, you can’t make good spokes out of aluminium! The coloured spokes you see are generally painted, but harder wearing powdercoated spokes are available from specialist suppliers.