Table of Contents
- How many miles does a Shimano bottom bracket usually last for?
- Clunk on every revolution of the pedals at the same point.
- Is there a way of getting the bottom bracket off or would it be better to let technician to have a look?
- When I cycling and going up hill or anything that puts a little extra pressure on the pedals there is a clicking sound.
- I keep destroying bottom brackets on my Specialized Secteur.
Q. I keep destroying bottom brackets on my Specialized Secteur, doing 1 a month approx every 500 miles. Do I have any recourse through Shimano as Tiagra and Sora last about the same. I weigh 101 kg, and ride at a high cadence. If it’s not the fitting that’s a problem could it be my weight?
A. That’s a strange one, you’re well within weight tolerances. I think you should get your bottom bracket, crank/axle etc, and frame inspected by a qualified technician.