Table of Contents
- How many miles does a Shimano bottom bracket usually last for?
- Clunk on every revolution of the pedals at the same point.
- Is there a way of getting the bottom bracket off or would it be better to let technician to have a look?
- When I cycling and going up hill or anything that puts a little extra pressure on the pedals there is a clicking sound.
- I keep destroying bottom brackets on my Specialized Secteur.
Q. When I cycling and going up hill or anything that puts a little extra pressure on the pedals there is a clicking sound. There was a bottom bracket replaced a few weeks ago but it’s still there. Any other suggestions?
A. The problem with bike frames is that sound echoes through them and can be quite misleading. There may be a defect in the new bottom bracket but it could just as easily be a headset bearing wearing out and the sound moving through the frame.